CITY OF EAST PROVIDENCE
Reference Librarian Part Time-19 hours per week
$18.00 per hour-no benefits
The City of East Providence is seeking a Reference Librarian. Under the general direction of the Library Director, the Reference Librarian is primarily responsible for providing information services to the public throughout the East Providence Library System.
The Reference Librarian performs various duties in assisting patrons in the use of library resources, including but not limited to; public access computers, databases, and eZone. The Reference Librarian also answers reference and reader’s advisory questions in person, electronically, and over the telephone. The position also assists patrons with the Library’s office-related functions (printing, copying, faxing, and scanning).
- American Library Association accredited Master’s Degree in Library Science or active matriculation in an accredited Masters of Library Science program with at least 9 credits completed
- Knowledge of the theories, principles, practices and tools of public library services
- Ability to work well with limited supervision
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer literacy sufficient to help others use the Internet and common software applications (e.g., Microsoft Word)
- Ability to travel between library locations
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience with the Ocean State Libraries system and catalog
- Experience with the Sierra ILS
- At least one year of public library reference experience
To apply, please submit a resume and application to email@example.com or mail to City of East Providence Office of Personnel Administration, 145 Taunton Avenue, East Providence, RI, 02914, no later than Monday, July 22, 2019 by 4:00 pm. No phone calls, please.
Items can be dropped off or mailed to:
City of East Providence
Office of Personnel Administration
145 Taunton Avenue
East Providence, RI 02914
Or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
At the City of East Providence we celebrate the diversity of our citizenry, and are proud to encourage inclusiveness in our workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.
ADA/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Click here to download this employment opportunity