CITY OF EAST PROVIDENCE
Firefighter Recruitment 2019
Fire Fighter/EMT - Pay grade 37 - $54,390 - $64,976 (as of November 1, 2019)
Perform skilled firefighting work in combating, extinguishing, and preventing fires; in rendering medical assistance at medical and other emergency scenes; and in operating and maintaining Fire Department equipment, apparatus, and work environment.
Application Period: Thursday, August 22, 2019 through Thursday, October 31, 2019
Application Deadline: October 31, 2019 by 11:59 PM EST
- Must be at least 21 years of age by October 31, 2019.
- Must be a United States Citizen, and furnish a birth certificate.
- Must possess and furnish a copy of valid driver’s license.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Successful completion of the Rhode Island Association of Fire Chiefs Physical Performance Assessment (PPA) by October 31, 2019. (October 2018, April 2019 certifications will be accepted).
- Must be able to obtain Rhode Island Emergency Medical Technician Basic Certification by the start of academy (March 2020).
The minimum passing score required on both examinations shall be 70 points.
Apply online at www.FirefighterApp.com. For more information please contact the Human Resources Department at (401)-435-7766.
The City of East Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.
Click here to download this employment opportunity